The Hansens

The Hansens

Monday, May 24, 2010

'Tis the Season!

Wow, it definitely feels like summer! The weather is warm, windy, and humid. Wedding season has begun. Baseball season is in full swing. Memorial Day is a week away. Summer has begun!

My cousin Trevor is a married man! He and Krissy tied the knot on May 15th. The weather was perfect, the bride was beautiful, and it was a great day and night to spend with family! Their wedding kicks off "wedding season" for us...in addition to their wedding, we have 5 more weddings to attend this summer! 'Tis the season!
Brent's baseball season has begun! The Massena Red Sox opened their season with a 13-1 win over Stanton on May 16th! Brent pitched the win and went 2 for 4 with a couple of RBIs. The Sox also won their second game of the season, a 5-4 victory against Neola. Brent was 3 for 4 with a double and a couple of singles! So far the young guys that have started playing the last year or two are playing really well, which is exactly what they need to have a successful season. Here's hoping it's a great season for the Red Sox! 'Tis the season!

Yesterday, I "competed" in the Council Bluffs 5K run. It was definitely an experience! My friends Lindsey, Joni, and Paula also ran the 5K. It was great to have their support! The weather was warm and humid, even for 7:00 in the morning; that made it tough! I didn't do as well as I hoped to, but I finished, and that's what counts! My main goal has been to get into better physical shape, and I have. I'm running three times farther than I could before I started, and that's a start! The 5K was just a means to an end: training for it is getting me where I want to be...I'm not quite there yet, but I will be. I'm going to keep running, improving, and getting healthier! With summer now here, 'tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment