The Hansens

The Hansens

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Prayers needed

We got another good look at our son this past week at my 20 week ultrasound.  I am happy to report that he looks absolutely perfect and healthy!  His heart, head, spinal cord, and internal organs are healthy, and he has two arms, hands, legs, and feet, and we once again saw that he is definitely a HE!  :)  However, there is one thing that is slightly abnormal.  I have a shortened cervix, which could be a problem.  So, to be cautious, my doctor has put some restrictions on me:  I can't lift anything over 25 lbs (and guess what certain little girl weighs 30 lbs), and I have to be on "light duty" at work.  That really doesn't exist as a nurse, especially an ER nurse!  So, unfortunately, I can no longer work, at least not "work" as I know it.  My boss is trying hard to find me some "desk" type work to do so I don't have to burn all my vacation time before maternity leave.  It sucks, but obviously I will do whatever I have to to make sure this little guy stays safe and sound until he should arrive at the end of July!  I think my doctor is just being extra cautious, so I don't want anyone to get too worried.  Right now everything is fine, and I'm sure it will stay that way!  I am trying my best to take it easy for the sake of this little guy.  We could definitely use positive thoughts and prayers for a healthy pregnancy and baby...thanks everyone!

Here are a few pictures of our little boy!  Enjoy!




Yep, it's definitely a boy!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment